Feeling Suicidal

What can I do if I am feeling suicidal?

Survivors of childhood sexual abuse can experience periods of intense emotional pain, and this pain may lead to self-harming or suicidal thoughts.

If you are feeling suicidal or unsafe you need to get help immediately by contacting your GP or the emergency services.

It is a good idea to have someone with you if possible. Call a friend, family member or neighbour you trust to be with you and to help get the professional help you need.

If you are having suicidal thoughts but are not in immediate danger, let your doctor or other health care professional know as soon as possible so they can help you prepare an action plan to ensure you are safe.

What to do if someone else is feeling suicidal?

If you believe that someone else is in danger of committing suicide then get help urgently by calling 999 for either the ambulance or the police. On the phone, stay calm, explain the situation, give the address and relevant directions while at the same time staying to comfort the person who is in danger.

Remember whenever anyone talks, writes or hints about suicide, take them seriously, listen and find professional help. Individuals who have attempted suicide in the past are at risk of attempting suicide again in the future.

Contact us

Unit 15,
Holroyd Business Centre,
Carr Bottom Road,
Bradford BD5 9BP - Open Map

01274 734 561

Registered Charity: 1155213

Donate To Us

MOSAIC II is a registered charity and relies on funding from various sources to continue the work we do. This includes donations from the public. If you would like to make a donation, contact 01274 734561 or donate directly: